And the companion of the [Lord] Mary Magdalene.
[He] loved her more than all the disciples, and used to kiss her often on her mouth.
The rest of the disciples... They said to him "Why do you love her more than all of us?"
The Savior answered and said to them,"Why do I not love you like her?
When a blind man and one who sees are both together in darkness,
they are no different from one another.
When the light comes, then he who sees will see the light,
and he who is blind will remain in darkness."
--The Gospel of Phillip, Nag Hammadi Library
Free Online Articles and Books
- Was Mary Magdalene the author of the Fourth Gospel?
- The Magdalene and the Tarot
- Mary Magdalene - Wild Woman of the Bible
- The Maya of Magdalenas
- Mary Magdalene, Bride of Christ, First Woman Apostle and Early Leader of the Gospel
- The Nag Hammadi Library
- The Pistis Sophia
- The Da Vinci Code: Official Website